Monday, November 16, 2015

The Unraveling

The following entry hurts my heart. I was 14. I had just moved out of my childhood home into a new house and started high school in a matter of days. I didn't know how to cope with the stresses of adolescence and the changes taking place in my life. I began experimenting with cigarettes, alcohol, and pot. I was pretending not to care. It marked the end of my innocence and set the stage for turmoil to come:
Tuesday, September 7, 1993Dear Diary,I started at St. Mary’s. I’ve met cool people. Brady Lohrmann looks good. Gary is cute and so is Gill H. I’m in my new house and writing to you here seems wrong. I miss home. I can’t live like this. I don’t want to get used to these things.Here’s my problem list: I want to go home, I want St. Mary’s to get better, I don’t know Erica R. anymore, I don’t ever want to be with Oliver but I love him with all my heart, I miss John, I can’t adjust to changes, Shelby and I are different, and worst of all, I’m mad at God.MP.S. I got high three times this weekend.

Excerpt from  Minor: Volume One The Journals of Meghan McDonnell
Novice: Volume Two  The Journals of Meghan McDonnell
Limbo: Volume Three The Journals of Meghan McDonnell

No comments:

Post a Comment