Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Day One

I'm publishing 28 years (and counting) of journals I've kept since I was eight years old. This blog is a space for me to post entries with an intro of context, an entry from the archives and a wrap-up reflection on how I see it from my present perspective.
The journals hold what I can’t say aloud, what I wish was true and what I fear is true. I can’t call these novels because it 's all happened in real life. I can’t call them memoirs because I write in the moment, not in hindsight. I want to share these in case they ever say something familiar, unexpected, resonant, beautiful, or true.
My aim is for you as readers to satisfy your innate curiosity and voyeuristic tendencies and to experience catharsis through feeling known and less alone in reading the pages.
All names have been changed and I've edited sparingly. All else is as I wrote it at the time. MM


Minor: Volume One The Journals of Meghan McDonnell
Novice: Volume Two The Journals of Meghan McDonnell
Limbo: Volume Three The Journals of Meghan McDonnell

No comments:

Post a Comment